It’s the weekend! Of course that means it’s time to grab a coffee and snuggle up on the couch with five fascinating articles on social media journalism.
- Joshua Benton finds actual, hard data about shares on WhatsApp. In my opinion, it’s the first bit of hard proof that 1-1 messaging apps are the next social currency.
- Here’s a great little guide to Reddit AMAs from NPR’s social sandbox.
- I’m obsessed with This. We’ve launched PRI’s The World on This, sharing a crucial piece of context related to that day’s show.
- Buzzfeed gives us a good reminder to think outside of the box: they’ve manually changed some URLs with social sharing in mind, to great effect.
- Visual.ly has a helpful guide with tools for creating and discovering GIFs. (For the record, Giphy is my favorite for discovering GIFs and GIFMaker is my favorite for creating them.)